1. 12:42 31st Aug 2014

    Notes: 256

    Reblogged from spacetwinks

     
  2. 12:33

    Notes: 9959

    Reblogged from dykewithadick

    In the post-World War II era, the Klan experienced a huge resurgence. Its membership was skyrocketing, and its political influence was increasing, so Kennedy went undercover to infiltrate the group. By regularly attending meetings, he became privy to the organization’s secrets. But when he took the information to local authorities, they had little interest in using it. The Klan had become so powerful and intimidating that police were hesitant to build a case against them.

    Struggling to make use of his findings, Kennedy approached the writers of the Superman radio serial. It was perfect timing. With the war over and the Nazis no longer a threat, the producers were looking for a new villain for Superman to fight. The KKK was a great fit for the role.

    In a 16-episode series titled “Clan of the Fiery Cross,” the writers pitted the Man of Steel against the men in white hoods. As the storyline progressed, the shows exposed many of the KKK’s most guarded secrets. By revealing everything from code words to rituals, the program completely stripped the Klan of its mystique. Within two weeks of the broadcast, KKK recruitment was down to zero. And by 1948, people were showing up to Klan rallies just to mock them.

    — 

    How Superman Defeated the Ku Klux Klan | Mental Floss (via sarkos)

    image 

    I ain’t the world’s best writer nor the world’s best speller
    But when I believe in something I’m the loudest yeller

    “Stetson Kennedy,” Woody Guthrie

    (via wolfpangs)

    If Woody Guthrie wrote a song about your merits, you freaking HAD them.

    (via delcat)

    Stetson Kennedy: American Badass.

    (via underscorex)

     
  3. 00:02 26th Aug 2014

    Notes: 16

    Reblogged from spacetwinks

    1. popeye: [noise]
    2. olive oyl: [softer noise]
    3. bluto: [static noise]
     
  4. 23:36 25th Aug 2014

    Notes: 144

    Reblogged from wyattsalazar

    spacetwinks:

    welcome to my secret evil base. you may think these loyal guards are my henchpeople. wrong. only about 10 percent of them are actually paid for henching. the other 90 percent are unpaid interns looking for a way to actually get a job

    this explains the incompetence of henchmen much better, actually

     
  5. 22:23

    Notes: 3540

    Reblogged from boysinbarrettes

    (Source: mazzufun)

     
  6. 22:15

    Notes: 1091

    Reblogged from cumwitch

    (Source: costcoreceipt)

     
  7. 19:37

    Notes: 65000

    Reblogged from lastgreatpoolparty

    tyulipan:

    drake in the anaconda video and van gogh’s ‘at eternity’s gate’

     
  8. 21:56 24th Aug 2014

    Notes: 96158

    Reblogged from dykewithadick

    jean-luc-gohard:

    What fucks me up about the Darren Wilson fundraiser is that he hasn’t been charged with a crime. He doesn’t have to hire a lawyer. He’s on paid leave, so he’s not losing wages. This is not covering his expenses, because he doesn’t have any additional expenses. This is a reward. He’s getting a $250,000 reward for murdering an unarmed black kid, two days away from starting college, in broad daylight.

     
  9. 12:26

    Notes: 4257

    Reblogged from spacetwinks

    fotojournalismus:

    Peruvian nurse cares for 175 sick cats

    At her job, Maria Torero cares for sick human beings. At home, she lavishes love on slowly dying cats — 175 of them at last count.

    The 45-year-old nurse has turned her two-story, eight-room apartment into a hospice for cats with feline leukemia, scattering it with scores of feeding dishes and at least two dozen boxes litter boxes.

    Some have suggested she shelter healthy cats instead. “That’s not my role,” she told The Associated Press. “I’m a nurse. My duty is to the cats that nobody cares about.” She said that “people don’t adopt adult cats, especially if they are terminally ill.”

    Photos by AP Photo/Martin Mejia

    (via yahoonewsphotos)

     
  10. 00:21

    Notes: 93235

    Reblogged from cumwitch

    image: Download

    (Source: vandelay)